Civil Estimator – construction
Responsibilities for Construction Estimator:
- Prepare quantity takeoffs, prepare estimates, and coordinate bid solicitations/tabulations.
- Perform a detailed review of the bid documents for compliance with company standards, client standards, constructability and compliance with budget.
- Prepare initial subcontractor bid list and review with Preconstruction and Operations.
- Solicit subcontractor pricing as necessary for both budgets and hard bid projects.
- Maintain and track subcontractor responses to bid solicitations and answer questions as necessary.
Requirements for Construction Estimator:
- Educational and experience requirements include 4 year construction/engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical/training related experience.
- 6-8 years of estimating, cost control, and/or engineering (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar facility construction.
- Ability to coordinate and steer group efforts essential.
- Computer literate and able to quickly master and apply department’s computer systems and software.
- Technical knowledge of various mechanical and electrical systems as well as experience in all structural/architectural disciplines and code and regulatory issues, desired.
Everest Recruiting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Everest Recruiting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Everest Recruiting expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.