Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all inspections and coordinate testing and special inspections as required of the Project Inspector in Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations and the project documents. Fulfill requirements for continuous inspection identified in the California Field Act.
- Provide inspection that insures an acceptable finished product and a complete project that conforms to Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations and the project documents.
- Complete Division of the State Architect (DSA) forms and upload the DSA Box in accordance with the instructions set forth by DSA.
- Complete and submit semi-monthly reports to DSA and upload the Inspection Department Cloud folder.
- Maintain a Construction Project Daily Report for uploading to an Inspection folder.
- Manage and maintain a project file to include reports and records of all inspections, punch lists, submittals, various correspondences, Request for Clarifications, Request for Proposals, change orders, official notices, photographs, District Inspection Department documents, documentation requested by the District Chief Construction Inspector, and Contractor Pay Requests , for reporting and submission during close out.
- Report project items that are not in compliance with CA codes; errors or omissions in the contract documents to the Contractor, OAR and maintain a list of such items in the form provided by the Inspection Department.
- Be cognizant and communicate to all levels of management and administration knowledge of accidents or occurrence of death or damage to property for proper action.
- Respond to requests by Project Manager to provide input on estimates of project completion for line items relative to contractor pay invoices.
- Attend job site meetings as required by Executive Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years full time paid professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction inspection of public or educational facility construction projects
- Experience with the Division of State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
- Experience in understanding and interpreting applicable laws and regulations and recommend appropriate modifications
- Experience in utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)