- Engaging in preconstruction efforts for our Self-Perform Drywall scope of work.
- Weekly quantity update and 100% detailed knowledge of project scope
- Produce complete and detailed estimates for many different projects and contract types requiring attention to detail and extensive communication with the project teams.
- Create proposals with detailed specific clarifications, inclusions, and exclusions.
- Work diligently to assist with design and constructability reviews on projects currently in preconstruction.
- Read and interpret bid documents, construction plans, schedules and specifications.
- Provide constructability comments and creative construction alternatives. Attend architect and owner meetings for review of costs and ideas to bring projects in on budget.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while handling multiple project estimates.
- Track project data for historical productions and costs.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics and skills:
Must share our core values: Integrity, Enjoyment, Uniqueness, and a Positive Attitude.
Strong work ethic that delivers on promises.
Must lead by example: accountability, reliability and organized.
Team player that seeks and accepts performance feedback.
Flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple estimates while consistently producing quality results and meeting deadlines.
Experienced in estimating labor, materials, equipment, general conditions, and risk.
Proficient in Estimating Software Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Proficient in Blue beam
Fundamentals on Change Management, including pricing and maintenance of a change order log.
Complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results.
Assist Drywall Project Manager and Superintendent in project buyout and material procurement.
Understanding of Owner Contracts in regards to SPW.
Compile project turnover binders for all projects.
Review and process submittals and shop drawings.
SPW MSR monthly updates.
Maintain project documents and distribute to project teams.
Participate in project job walks.
- Review and assist the Superintendent in development of project schedules
- Assist with monthly hours and labor projection
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Ability to create and support team morale
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar), Accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a Construction Estimator within Drywall Construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management of Engineering or related field (not required).
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Everest Recruiting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Everest Recruiting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Everest Recruiting expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.