The main purpose of the position is to prepare environmental documentation for federal and state funding agencies to support our client’s construction projects. This position is also responsible for ensuring environmental compliance through the life of the project.
We are seeking stable, versatile, well-rounded and self-motivated individuals with strong communication skills that are interested in long-term employment with the opportunity for advancement.
Responsibilities of Environmental Impact Analyst:
- Assist Site Assessment Project Manager in Phase I/Preliminary Environmental Assessment (PEA) tasks
- Support Site Assessment Project Manager during the oversight of sampling, data review, reporting and removal & remediation activities
- Assist Gas Mitigation Project Manager in the operation, inspection, maintenance and monitoring tasks
- Assist CEQA Project Manager in the preparation of Environmental Impact Reports
- Coordinate document review efforts with Facilities Services Division and Office of General Counsel; participate in community outreach efforts as needed
- Assist CEQA Advisor in creating procedures and flowchart for site assessment reviews / DTSC process, DSA utilization of the State Historic Building Code
- Evaluate historic inventory issues and prepare appropriate level CEQA documents as required
- Assist the project managers in research tasks and agency reporting
- Provide technical and administrative assistance for the Office of Environmental Health & Safety such as CEQA, Site Assessment, Environmental Compliance, Medical Surveillance and various accident prevention programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of Environmental Impact Analyst:
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Planning or Environmental Science.
- 7 to 10 years of experience within the environmental industry
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently as well as with a diverse group of people, including non-technical staff
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, including Excel and Access
- Valid driver’s license