The IT System Administrator is to oversee and maintain all aspects of the company’s computer infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers and security programs and systems.
Responsibilities of IT Systems Administrator:
- Technical services work involving the support and operation of the Corporate IT environment.
- Specialization in but not limited to Microsoft Systems Administration.
- Assist with security related items and network infrastructure.
- Developing and maintaining a quality technological infrastructure
- Providing an environment that enriches and enhances service delivery, learning and innovation.
- Encouraging the review of current practices and the development of alternate, more efficient systems and processes through the use of software and hardware advances; and
- To provide reliable and cost-effective Information Technology solutions to achieve effective mission performance and service delivery for the company and its operations.
Duties and Tasks of IT Systems Administrator:
- Shared responsibility as initial contact for any IT related issues.
- Analysis and debugging of complex technical issues.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Responsible for the maintenance, training, security, user support and operation of assigned applications.
- Provide phone and in person support.
- Perform analytical and administrative work regarding the installation of new and the upgrade/maintenance of existing systems, including hardware and software.
- Assist in the administration of: Windows Desktops/Servers, Hyper-V Cluster, Nimble Storage, SharePoint, SQL, Exchange, IIS, Active Directory, Citrix XenApp/Netscaler, Symantec SEP, Backup Exec, Cisco Wireless/Switching/ASA Telephone Systems and WAN connections.
- Assist with the implementation of comprehensive security systems for the protection of company and client data in accordance with HIPAA, PCI, state and federal regulations.
- Install and maintain cable plant.
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Log and track system problems through to resolution.
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and training related materials for users.
- Assist with staff training of IT systems and software.
- Maintain an inventory of all IT hardware and software.
- Assist with data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Upon approval, purchase necessary systems, parts, and supplies.
- Stay current with industry trends and opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to all information being processed, stored or accessed on company’s systems / network.
- As needed, travel to various facilities.
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities may require periodic evening and weekend availability.
Requirements for IT Systems Administrator:
- Work effectively with both staff and managers.
- Communicate effectively to staff regarding computer advice and support.
- Manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously.
- Participation in IT continual education program.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of current windows server and desktop technologies.
- Prior experience supporting, implementing and/or administering networks and related systems. Specifically: Windows and Cisco
- Work under pressure effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Handle highly confidential information/material appropriately.
Qualifications of IT Systems Administrator:
- Education/Training (including vocation, Jr. College, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Experience/licenses/certifications needed. If experience can be substituted for education, please specify number of years and type.
- Experience (over 3 years) and Associates degree may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Essential work experience, qualifications and skills
- 2+ years of System Administration experience
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion
- Experience supporting Microsoft technologies
- Experience supporting networking technologies
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Ability to develop and deliver technical design
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license required.
- Strong resiliency.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
Desirable work experience, qualifications and skills:
- Previous experience with:
- Cisco firewalls, switches, wireless
- MS Hyper-V Clusters, MS System Center, Citrix XenApp
- Relevant vendor certification or tertiary certifications
Everest Recruiting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Everest Recruiting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Everest Recruiting expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.