Top-notch medical clinic is in need of a Medical Biller.
- Responsible for collecting, posting, and managing account payments, as well as submitting claims and
- Reports to Billing Supervisor or Director of Operations or named Office Manager
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies, either electronically or by paper with a goal of zero errors
- Timely follow up with insurance claim denials, exceptions, or exclusions
- Meet deadlines
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints
- Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements
- Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts
- Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the Billing Supervisor, also prepares information for the collection agency
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Processes payments from insurance companies and prepares a daily deposit
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits
- Utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days
- Make necessary arrangements for medical records requests, completion of additional information requests, etc. as requested by insurance companies.
- Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings
- Conducts self in accordance with HPA’s employee manual
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs
- Knowledge of business office procedures
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- The ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections
- Professional and efficient verbal and written communications internally and externally
- Accomplish tasks through teamwork and initiative
- High school diploma; some college preferred
- Medical assistant certification (if applicable)
Everest Recruiting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Everest Recruiting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Everest Recruiting expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.