Our client is currently seeking a Project Development Manager to support the firm’s expanding business.
Responsibilities of Project Development Manager:
- Plans and coordinates the execution of pre-construction activities associated with the preparation for the building of new schools and modernization projects
- Responsible for the scope, schedule and budget, and overall success of multiple, new and modernization, school projects
- Resolves complex planning, design, and construction project-related issues, disputes and disagreements
- Develops, assigns and monitors performance of Assistant Facility Development Managers (AFDM), Design Managers (DM) and Design professionals relative to assigned projects
- Reports on project budget, schedule, and issues. Provides information and analysis of project issues to Departmental, Branch and Board representatives
- Reviews status and overall planning, design and construction project progress relative to submittal schedules. Reviews project through all development phases and assesses status, progress, and potential
- Coordinates with representatives from various utility and government agencies to obtain timely action on successive phases of project completion
- Reviews and verifies Design Professional contract scope, fees and applications for payment, and performs overall fiscal management of multiple projects
- Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility including project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration and quality control
- Coordinates project activities, requirements, and schedules with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, Design and A/E Technical Support, Project Execution, Facilities Contract Administration, Inspection Unit, Maintenance and Operations, local Educational Service Centers and site personnel
- Develops and recommends internal policies and procedures
Qualifications of Project Development Manager:
- Ten (10) years of experience managing the planning, design, construction, and coordination of capital projects
- Five (5) years of the above experience in educational facility construction or public works projects
- Experience with scoping and planning of new construction and/or modernization projects
- Experience with the Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes.
- Experience with LEED and/or Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS) projects.
- Experience with the development of major facilities (CEQA, agency approvals, coordination with City and County agencies).
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
- LEED Professional Accreditation