Our client is seeking a Senior Construction Estimator. The position requires a minimum of 7 years of experience working as a Construction estimator in Central Florida, with vast knowledge in large commercial construction projects.
Job Responsibilities for Senior Construction Estimator:
- Prepares and/or coordinates preparation of full estimates on conceptual or large work.
- Provides complete conceptual and final estimating input on CM or complete total bid price for GC work.
- Deals with owners, A/E’s and contractors to resolve technical and/or value engineering matters during negotiation and contract execution.
- Performs all functions and responsibilities in consonance with the company’s values and beliefs and in alignment with mission.
- Serves as “Job Captain” for pre-construction efforts, including responsibility for:
- Quantity take-off and pricing accuracy
- Well thought-out bid strategies
- Coordination with Operation’s production coaches
- Complete subcontractor/vendor solicitation (ITBs)
- Analyze proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate as well as code related compliance.
- Review final estimate packages for accuracy, scope and pricing prior to final quotations
- Insure that all prospective bidders have complete documents including bid packages to insure comprehensive coverage.
- Insure all working documents and data are maintained to backup estimate figures
- Develop strategies to increase chances of success during bidding/sales process.
- Initiate transfer memo of all pertinent data to project managers and Operations Manger
- Develop milestone schedule for general condition purposes.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts and productivity reports into unit and man-hour figures
- Provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids.
- Provide complete conceptual and final estimating input on complex projects
- Assist operations department during final evaluation of submitted bids as required for buyout
- Track award contracts as required, including estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring materials, assist in development of project preplan.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Perform additional assignments as needed
Job Requirements for Senior Construction Estimator:
- Educational and experience requirements include 4 year construction/engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical/training related experience.
- Six to eight years of estimating, cost control, and/or engineering (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar facility construction.
- Thorough knowledge of the company’s procedures, estimating techniques, engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts will be required.
- Technical knowledge of various mechanical and electrical systems as well as experience in all structural/architectural disciplines and code and regulatory issues desired.
- Ability to coordinate and steer group efforts essential.
- Computer literate and able to quickly master and apply department’s computer systems and software.