Fast-paced, thriving cardiology clinic with multiple locations is in immediate need of a Senior Referral Coordinator with cardiology experience. This individual will support the clinic in various capacities, including, but not limited to the following:
- Clerical activities.
- Coordinating all external and some internal services.
- Scheduling consultations, diagnostic testing and surgical procedures.
- Inputting referrals and authorizations into a data bank.
- Coordinating follow-up care with the referral physicians as approved by a Physician Associates physician.
- Coordinating all related services in a pleasant and professional manner for patients as directed by the Physician Associates physician.
- Responsible for order entry into electronic health record system.
- Coordinates and schedules referrals when necessary. Ensures that all necessary medical records are forwarded to referral provider.
- Acts as a resource for staff and patients with questions regarding referral policies and procedures. Provides internal and external referral coordination.
- Inputs all authorization information into database including, diagnostic and procedure codes. Will obtain appropriate authorizations as needed.
- Refers requests for emergency care and urgent care or medical advice to the appropriate staff member.
- Acts as a resource for staff and patients with questions regarding insurance benefits.
- Contacts patients with information concerning tests ordered by provider as necessary.
- Orders and/or directs patients for outside tests.
- Helps to maintain daily flow by assisting Supervisor as directed.
- Works effectively as a member of a patient care team and contributes suggestions for improving unit and organization operations.
- Previous experience working in a Cardiology environment is a MUST!
- Ability to see, hear, speak and write clearly.
- Ability to sit for several hours at a time.
- Ability to work on a computer.
- Ability to travel to other health centers.
- Ability to lift minimally.
- Ability to perform fine motor functions.
- Ability to tolerate periods of high stress.
- High school diploma or GED. Experience can substitute for education.
- Previous experience in a physician’s office, clinic or hospital processing referrals.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Experience scheduling healthcare appointments.
- Experience with office equipment, including computers, calculators, fax machines and copiers.
Everest Recruiting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Everest Recruiting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Everest Recruiting expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.