IT Help Desk Technician – Level 1 (Mac/Apple)
Santa Monica, CA
Job Ref – 12153188
Immediate opening for a growing organization. We are interviewing ASAP!
Our Santa Monica-based client is a top-notch IT Solutions firm which is in immediate need of an Apple/Mac Administrator (Level 1) who has excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment. In addition, technicians should have a strong understanding of technology, including the various hardware, software and networking systems being supported.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mac Technician will provide Mac tech support for desktops and laptops.
- Taking initial telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and managing relatively simple hardware, software or network problems
- Recognizing and escalating more difficult problems to Tier 2 support
- Logging call/work activity
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
Requirements & Qualifications
- Operating systems: Windows 10, macOS, ChromeOS
- Saas: G Suite, Office 365, Slack,
- Help Desk Software: JIRA Service Desk
- Hardware: Apple, Chrome, and PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Client Endpoint connectivity – ethernet, wireless, TCP/IP and VPN
- Experience with Sophos desktop security products
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- 1-2 years+ experience working in a Windows/Mac environment
- A+ and Security+ certifications preferred.