Job Ref – 9069669
Our client is a top notch commercial construction general contractor located in Orlando, FL. They are seeking an experienced Superintendent that is responsible for the production aspects of the work and are accountable for: producing quality work that is constructed consistent with the standards set forth in the project’s contract documents; for performing the work in a timely and cost effective manner; and for maintaining a work environment that is safe and continuously kept clean and orderly. Additionally, their Superintendents are the forward face of the company and are responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes: fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving, and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates and overall schedule completion date is met. This is a continuous supervision of all work within the project.
- Creating short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to. Identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Managing the project site safety plan which includes creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness.
- Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practices standards
- Establishing and maintaining all dimensional controls for the project to include the use of third party survey and layout personnel when appropriate
- Verifying that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner (i.e.: plumb, level, straight, etc…)
- Obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place
- Administering client specific programs, such as Landlord/Site Rules and Regulations, Safety, Site Specific Security, etc.
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings
- Managing self-performed activities to ensure that work is being performed within the established project budget
- Managing changes in project scope to ensure that the most recent documents are being used at all times to prevent avoidable rework
- Administering contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreements to ensure that the scope, terms and conditions are consistently and proactively being met
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and Email correspondence
- Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as the client’s internal IS department, vendors, security, etc.
- Complete project schedules for proposals, review estimates, assist in creating proposals, participate in interviews, etc.
- Engaged in marketing and obtaining projects
- Other duties may be assigned as need to support the goals of the company
- AS degree in Construction Management or similar or a Journeyman status in a building trade from an accredited organization (i.e. Carpenter) AND demonstrated experience of progressive responsibility supervising construction
- A demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of commercial and institutional buildings and site work related thereto
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, Email, scheduling, Microsoft Office and other software used in the construction industry.
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, 1st Aid and CPR
- Construction Skills
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules
- Understands project control and change order management
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Has strong problem-solving skills that involve a bias to work within established systems and the agility to work outside of the system when necessary to get timely results
- Action Oriented
- Is goal oriented and can react quickly to challenging circumstances to achieve the desired end results
- Is proactive, looks for problems that could impede progress and relentlessly takes responsibility for solving them
- Is committed to doing quality work the first time with little or no need for re-work
- Works to meet or beat schedules and is driven to bring closure to avoid long punch lists
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Effective participation in a team environment and has the ability to lead effective field teams and to inspire others to their best
- Is aggressive, however, fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving clients, subcontractors, and co-workers (understands win-win contracting)
- Is an effective communicator, active listener, recognizes diverse perspectives and is capable of facilitating synergy and collaboration
- Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manages them to a successful conclusion
- Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third party and
- Embraces life-long learning, strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices
Our Client Offers the following
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage (eye exams through medical insurance)
- Life Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Home and Auto Insurance
- Wellness Program